April 18, 2019
Article deadlines for this quarterly publication are Jan. 1 (spring edition), April 1 (summer edition), July 1 (fall edition), and Oct. 1 (winter edition). Any subject related to business continuity planning or disaster recovery will be considered for publication throughout the year.
- Articles should be approximately 1,500 to 2,000 words in length. Articles more than 3,000 words will be returned for an edit by the author.
- Articles must be the original work of the author(s) and may not be simultaneously submitted to any other publications.
- Articles must be VENDOR-NEUTRAL. No mention of any business continuity-related vendor – or the products and services they provide – will be published in the magazine. Sections about “how to choose a vendor” or “how to select a specific product or service” will be removed.
- Articles may be written in first, second, or third person, but all articles are considered the opinion of the author. Your opinion on the selected topic may carry a lot of weight in the industry, but most readers would like the assurance of being provided a source on particular information.
- Endnotes or bibliographies will not be printed. All references must be incorporated into the body of the article. For example:
“According to a Stanford University survey, most computer users will …”
“Bill Johnson, noted economics professor from Stanford University, believes most computer users will …”
- Most accepted articles are published on in our regular “Online Exclusive” feature. Selected articles will run in the quarterly digital and printed editions of Disaster Recovery Journal. Only the spring and fall issues will be printed and mailed to subscribers. The summer and winter editions will be published online.
- Authors should include a short one or two sentence bio about themselves at the end of the article.
- Authors are encouraged to submit photographs, charts, or other graphic illustrations to enhance the presentation of the article. All graphic files must be saved separately in a standard graphic format (.jpg, .tif, .eps, etc…) with a resolution of at least 300 dpi at the intended size. Including photos in a Word document will not suffice.
- Authors should also submit a headshot photograph in a standard graphic format (.jpg, .tif, etc…) with a resolution of at least 300 dpi at the intended size. Color photos are preferred over black and white.
- Please refrain from designing your article submission. All graphics and text formatting has to be stripped before being placed into the magazine. We just need the text.
- Articles should be saved in Microsoft Word and sent via email to: [email protected].
- Articles will be edited for length, clarity, style and improper usage of industry terms. Please refer to the DRJ Glossary of Business Continuity Terms before submitting article.
- Upon acceptance, all authors are required to sign a copyright agreement. Disaster Recovery Journal will retain all publishing rights. However, DRJ will grant permission to reproduce the article for marketing purposes or other non-competing publications.